Our current Priest, Fr. Anthony Fernandes SFX, was appointed by the Society of Pilar (Pilar Fathers) and formally inducted as Parish Priest on 5th March 2017 as successor to Fr. Lucas Rodrigues SFX, having previously servedas Assistant Parish Priest since June 2015.
Fr. Anthony, the eldest of 3 brothers and a sister (who is now a nun) was born in 1972 in a tiny remote village called Arambol, Goa, India. He joined the Novitiate in June 1990 and made his profession a year later. He was ordained as a Priest on November 2000. His previous appointments were:
- In the Diocese of Jammu-Kashmir, at the Cantonment Church and served as Army Chaplin and Assistant at the Cathedral.
- Vice-Principal of St. Xaviers School, and Incharge of Bal Niketan Boys, Bathinda, Punjab, India
- Provincial Secretary, North Province of the Society of Pilar (Delhi Province)
- Principal of St. Francis School, Pokhara, Nepal and Superior of Pilar Fathers in Nepal.
- Director of the Pre-Novices, Pilar, Goa, India
MISSION STATEMENT: TO TAKE, TO BLESS, TO BREAK & TO GIVE (With YOU, to Break for YOU and your People)
I want to be someone to everybody, Lord.
Someone who can understand.
Someone to reach your love to the world.
Someone to live out your plan
So help me Lord and be with me,
For I am just a common man.
I want to be your priest, Lord,
And suffer like you do.
That you, through me, might touch the world.
And free it from guilt.
Strengthen my weak shoulders, Lord.
That mankind may need to cry on.
And a towel make my clothes to be.
Their lonely tears to dry on.
Make strong also my staggering feet.
To take your Gospel places.
To feed the souls so starved for love
And put a smile back on their faces.
Lord touch my life that all might see
The greatness of your plan
And hold my feeble hand in yours
For I am just a common man